Thursday, December 17, 2009

Cookie Exchange recap

I had so very much fun tonight! A Lovely group of women, and delightful edibles! I made this soup recipe and it was KILLER! Maybe a little less basil, but really, really delicious! I wanted my friends to have something to take home with them besides sweets and so I whipped these up last minute. Literally.


I had 2 different verses and an enlarged Noel Noel Born is the King of Israel. I let them fight out what verse/saying they wanted. It almost came to blows with a red maglight... Poor Ali- she was rather fiesty! ;-)
The ornaments didn't turn out quite as nice as I wanted, and yet as I was modge podging and drilling and tying I realized that as we are trying to teach our children that Christ is the best gift EVER, that He came for our imperfection, my friends could be reminded of His perfection to redeem our imperfection as this ornament hung on their tree.
I enjoyed the girly talk, and the chocolate. I feel like my belly will pop if its poked. And now I am off to finish the kids teachers ornaments, my sons teachers scarf, and 11 brooches for the girls that always say to me 'Mrs. C. I like your flower!'
Sleep tight my bloggy friends.



1 comment:

Jennifer Juniper said...

I just love it! Imperfectly perfect is my favorite kind of perfect :)