Thursday, December 17, 2009

Aw Fudge!

I spent yesterday baking. Tonight i am having a cookie exchange, and had cookies to make. I  also made fudge and truffles, the boys made Chocolate covered pretzels for their teachers. Do you have any idea how messy  a 6, 5, and 3 yr old can make a kitchen with melted chocolate???? Anyways- I had hubby sample my fudge and I wanted to shae this recipe! he said it was 'fudge heaven'- and this man is NOT a big sweets eater!


Candy Bar Fudge
1/2 cup butter 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
 1/4 cup milk 3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
11 oz  of caramel melts,  1 tablespoon water 2 cups salted peanuts
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips 1 cup milk chocolate chips


Directions

Grease an 8x8 inch square baking pan.

In a microwave-safe bowl, combine butter, cocoa powder, brown sugar and milk. Microwave until mixture boils. Stir in confectioners' sugar and vanilla extract. Pour into prepared pan. Let set in fridge for 30 minutes.

In a microwave-safe bowl, microwave caramels and water until caramels melt. Stir in  chopped peanuts. Spread mixture over chocolate layer. Spread CAREFULLY!

In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine semisweet and milk chocolate chips; microwave until melted. Spread over caramel layer. Chill for 4 hours, or until firm.
It looked heavenly and I SO wanted some! But alas, I am an almond allergic and Nestles Milk chocolate chips state they are made on the same equipment as tree nuts.I read this AFTER making the fudge, but BEFORE I tried it.  Im heading to the store today to look for more Milk chocolate chips that I can eat!
I also made a coffee fudge- it was good. it called for a dash of cinnamon and I realize i am just NOT a cinnamon kinda gal.
What have you made this week?


1 comment:

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

This sounds so delicious! And all in the microwave. That's my kind of fudge. Can't wait to try it.