Monday, October 5, 2009

Something scary this way comes!

I decided to decorate for halloween this year. I haven't before. No idea why. Just well, maybe it was a fundage issue, yeah- the lack thereof. Or a time issue, or a creative block or 3 little kids that kept touching things. Let me digress for a minute.
It makes me laugh when a parent of 1 child snottily says' my child will learn the word 'No'. HA-HA-HA-HA! JUST WAIT I think, till they triple tag team you and you can't get from one to the next to discipline fast enough and that prized heirloom thingy comes crashing down because the crawling child was touching it while you were swatting the 1 1/2 yr olds hand for touching the t.v. remote and the 2 1/2 year old is climbing in the pantry for snacks behind your back where you cannot see but can hear him. Did my kids learn the word 'No'? HECK YES!!!! But I also knew that them being babies was so much better than prized heirloom thingys up until they were alittle bigger. Sigh. Now at 3, 5, 6 my prize dthingys are up, and occaisionaly, even though they KNOW not to throw the ball/rocket/brothers shoe in the house something OCCAISIONALLY gets knocked down. But not often.
So- un- digressing...
I decorated this year for halloween. See.











The kids were a little concerned that I had a jar of poison out- until they realized it was food coloring and water. Hubby was concerned, too. I think he was envisioning greenish black dye everywhere...
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the vintage cutesy graphics from the graphic fairy. Seriously- this chic is rocking my world! I know my pics arent great- i stink with a camera- but it does look good- and I have the Fairy to thank! And salvation army, and whoever got rid of that cool jar, and the nifty cake plate... and the candle holder/cloche thingy...
What did you do for Halloween?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the poison bottle!

Thanks for joining my linky party, I hope to see you there again!