Saturday, October 10, 2009

Christmas in October

Now that my fall wreath is done, and my Halloween decor I am thinking of Christmas. I would love a gorgeous tree skirt- all Fancy Shmancy and such. I want to redo our stockings, and make a big fat obnoxiously beautiful garland for my mantle. seeing as my kids are having pumpkins sugar cookies and a movie night at Grams and Grandads I decided to get lost in my googling (or oohing and aahing).

Don't Judge- Dinner was delicious-  Kalamata Pork Medallions with Rosemary, asparagus and baked potatoes. My kitchen is clean, laundry is done, floors are swept and I even organized that pile in the corner of my room of craft, Etsy, and decor stuff. So- my googling  Oohing and Aahing is well deserved!

I got my latest Ballard Designs catalogue today. I love their tree skirts- simple, elegant OOH!




As much as I love this and think I may want to do something similiar I also think I will get sick of too much Frenchy stuff. Shoot me. But really. I don't want to put hours into something to get sick of it next year...
here's some other ideas that had me ooing

This I found at Frontgate.com. I LOVED their stuff- couldn't afford any of it but it gave me many ideas!I would skip the monogram, though...


 I cannot remember where this was at- I think it was under Nextags... Maybe a different color? Or not...

Ah... Target! Love the design- but not the Puce greenish- I think I saw that in my sons diaper once years ago.



Frontgate again... Instead of the embroidery maybe a transfer of a crown, or Emmanuel in French script, or a pretty graphic of somesorts.


Wouldnt this be pretty in Damasks, and with fringe? No plaids, please...
Horchow had several things I liked, too but for some reason their pictures wouldn't save/copy.


I also have been thinking of this kind of stuffAlthough I think that silver would really show off my wall colors, and my red curtains. Sadly whoever decorated this room allowed the urns, and topiarys to blend in with the stone. So bland looking! Yet it could be fabulous! That is from homedecorators.com I believe...
Where do you get your decor inspiration? I am familiar with Pottery Barn, Horchow, Ballard Designs, Frontgate, and Inside Living.  Any you recommend? Hope those wheels are turning for Christmas!

No comments: