Saturday, August 15, 2009

Fires, puke, art, and casts

But not in that order.

My house is quiet today. My sons are at my inlaws swimming because I have the flu. The flu is probably normal for some of you. For me it is NOT! I cannot really remember tha last time I puked my guts out. In 8 1/2 years of marriage and 14 years of knowing one another my hubby says he thinks Ive only thrown up once, while preggo, and was mad at him for not holding my hair. Huh. I don't remember that. Sounds like something Id be upset over while hormonal and hugging the toilet bowl. I mean geeze, when a woman is carryng your child and laying on the bathroom floor, hair in her eyes and puking holding her hair back is the LEAST YOU CAN DO!
He said he wished he could stay home and nurse me seeing as he KNEW I was gravely ill, and he felt awful for me. he-he. I love that man. I think the worst is over, and I pray my kids and man don't get this. They ARE pukers...

My honey hung my chandlier the other night. And not 2 minutes later as we were adjusting the shades there was a pop followed by flames as high as the ceiling. Seriously folks. A bad socket. Replaceable, but bad. It now hangs a lil crooked, with tape covering 1 of its exposed wires a waiting me ordering parts to fix her. Sigh. Shaun says it matches the rest of our house. *SIGH* Glad we were home, glad the house didnt burn down. I cried, he laughed and says it's just our life lately. If it can go wrong, well, it will. Hmm...

Brennan got a new cast Thursday. It is not waterproof (that comes in 2 weeks) but it is a nifty black to match his Lizzie, his shoes, and 'lots of stuff in our house, mom'. Doc says it's looking great. He says in 6 months you'll never know it was broken. Amazing how resilient kids are seeing as it was jagged, hanging, and plain grotesque. He did say an adult would have needed plates, screws and the like. Praise God we were of sound mind enough to say NO to the first doc wanting to operate(one that DIDN'T specialize in kids) and call a peds.
I have been hankering for some art for my home. I saw these in Country Sampler.

They were good, but not QUITE what i wanted. And vinyl letters can be pricey...
And pricey i don't ahve with 1 car, floors undone, etc...
So I found an old floating frame left undone, and some laminateing sheets. I cut the sheets to size, and fiddled on publisher. Walla! Here she is!


Total cost? $0.00 You go girl I said to meself! :-)
Then I wanted to make one for a friends birthday... A trip to salvation army revealed newly framed artwork, golf pritns I will reuse for hubbys office, at $2.99 a pop. I bought 2 of them, so I could ahve 2 pieces of glass, and went at it. I popped into Archivers for cream paper, and Walla! Here it is!

Okay- that picture stinks- but it's the same as mine other than last name, and frame size... And I didnt stop there! For $1.99 I got a neat piece of laser cut paper and used an old 12x12 frame. Wrote one of my current fave Psalms and ...

I feel too crummy to take better pictures. So you'll have to deal with it. But seriously- they look AWESOME! Total cost? Under $10.00 for all 3 pieces, including frames. I think I shall have to make more. If you know me watch out- you may get one as a gift! he-he. I also thought one done with a large monogram would be cool! Oh my juices are flowing! :-)
Now for a shower...

No comments: